RISK DISCLAIMER – PLEASE READ!
Cycling can be an enjoyable and exciting activity. However, like many recreational activities that require physical exertion, cycling carries with it the risk of physical injury. The risks associated with cycling include the risk that:
- you may be involved in a collision with people, animals, objects and/or vehicles;
- you may lose your balance;
- you may suffer from the effects of heat, cold, wind, rain and other weather conditions;
- you may suffer from physical exertion;
- you may become separated from the cycling group; and
- you may fall from your bicycle.
These risks may result in death, bodily injury, disability, property damage and economic loss. There are other risks to which you may be exposed. You should ensure that you wear appropriate clothing and safety equipment, including a helmet.
If participating in cycling activities whilst a guest of Lanterne Rouge Tours you agree:
- to obey all Australia and NSW road rules http://www.bicyclensw.org.au/content/road-rules-and-traffic-safety
- that your bicycle and equipment is in good mechanical order.
- to comply with all directions given to you by the nominated group ride captain;
- that you participate at your own risk;
- that the organiser has no liability to you for personal injury or death arising from the services that the organiser provides to you; and
- to indemnify organiser against any claim, loss, damage, liability, cost and expense that may be incurred or sustained by the organiser in connection with any act, matter or thing done, permitted or omitted to be done by you or which was in any way connected with your involvement in the cycling activities.
An approved Australian Standards helmet is required to be worn on all rides. No helmet, no ride. No exceptions. Please ensure your bike is in good working order and bring a spare tube, a pump, tyre levers, a full water bottle and any other tools you may require. It is also recommended you bring money for food and/or fares and your mobile phone.