Laffo’s Lunch Bunch Tour Sept 2014
- “A brilliant weekend of cycling that included the very best of the Southern Highlands. Richard organised the weekend perfectly – the cycling route was carefully tailored to fit our group’s wide range in ability and the accommodation and food was first class. 10 out of 10.”
– Todd H of Mosman
- “Tour De Bowral 2014. What a superb weekend. This was my first trip with LRT and the experience far exceeded my expectations. Richard is an experienced pack leader. His professionalism, energy and easy going personality coupled with Maureen’s enthusiastic support car assistance made for a memorable two days of riding. The rides were carefully planned and challenging taking us through the spectacular Southern Highlands. Some challenging climbs, including Cardiac Hill, left some of us wishing we had a few more kilometres under the belt. This was all coupled with first class accommodation and delicious food. Can’t wait to do it again with LRT at another beautiful location.”
– Paul I of Sydney
- “Richard and the team at Lanterne Rouge Tours put together a cracking weekend for our Tour de Bowral 2014. The riding was some of the best I’ve done and frequently had to remind myself that I was in NSW not France! The course was a great mix of challenging hills, beautiful scenery and terrific camaraderie. Off the saddle, we were also treated like rock stars and enjoyed great food, terrific hospitality and luxurious amenities (the massage after Saturday’s ride definitely hit the spot). Thanks again Richard and hope I get the invite back again for next year!”
– Andrew P of Surry Hills
- “What a great way to appreciate the beauty of the hills around Bowral and Kangaroo Valley than on a pushy! Loved every minute of the two days of riding the country roads of Bowral, breathing in the fresh air and soaking up the stunning views. As an mtb rider I never thought I’d enjoy riding the tarmac so much (although you haven’t converted me to a roadie!). Thanks very much Richard and Lanterne Rouge Tours for organising everything, including arranging great accommodation and places to eat, and guiding us on the roads.”
– Tom T of Sydney
Tour de Bowral May 2014
- From snuggling by the fireplace with a full-bodied glass of red to peddling the inclines of the Southern Highlands, Richard and his vivacious wife Maureen left no stone unturned to ensure that a weekend away with Lanterne Rouge Tours is one to remember. As members of an intimate group that comprised Tour de Bowral May ’14, we relinquished responsibility for bike transportation, parts & paraphernalia, meals and time management to the experts while we unwound a world away from the daily grind. Haven’t laughed (or cycled) so hard in years – good for the soul/sole 🙂
– Katie L of Mosman
Tour de Bowral May 2013
- A perfect weekend of cycling was enjoyed by our diverse-ability group in the Southern Highlands. Lantern Rouge tours organized the weekend perfectly from top quality Farm B&B accommodation to final late Sunday lunch in the pub! Most welcome. The constant shadow of the support vehicle was particularly comforting as climate conditions and hydration needs changed, not to mention the “odd mechanical”, which always happens at the wrong time. All in all a top weekend and highly recommended.
– Chris P of Longueville
- Our weekend away in the picturesque Southern Highlands was blessed with perfect autumn weather that gave both the riders of our group and those of us not riding the chance to see the country in all its sparkling glory. Sydney seemed like it must be a million miles away. The rolling hills around Bowral provided plenty of cycling variation for our riders and a perfect backdrop for the sightseeing and cellar door visits that the rest of us undertook while the hills were being conquered by the peloton. The hospitality and accommodation we experienced were top-shelf and our superb Saturday evening dinner at Josh’s Cafe in Berima was a great highlight. I compliment Lanterne Rouge Tours for organising a most relaxing (for some) and enjoyable (for all) weekend escape.
– Lynn B of Coogee
- It was immediately obvious from the moment I arrived in the Southern Highlands that Richard had put an enormous amount of thought, effort and energy into organising the Lantern Rouge Tours business. The accommodation, food and conversation on the Friday evening were exceptional and set the stage for a grand weekend. The riding was both challenging and picturesque, with safety a priority. I congratulate Richard on the obvious amount of research and planning that has gone into launching his business, which I can only recommend very highly. Très bon!
– Tony A of Lilyfield